Riedel Wine Series Cabernet/Merlot Glass, Set of 2 Rating :
Customer Reviews
Most helpful customer reviews
21 of 22 people found the following review helpful.
Buyer Beware~!
By Selrahc Tenitram
There are several levels of Riedel wine glasses.
The Vinum is machine made, in 2 pieces. They are very elegant and are the standard for Riedel glasses. 24 % lead crystal....very fragile. Expect to pay around $50-60 for 2
Sommelier is hand blown. Very expensive. 24% lead crystal. Expect to pay up to $100 for ONE....its hand blown for crying out loud!
WINE is a lesser grade. Not lead crystal... so they should be really nice. But they are definitely clunkier. Same design to bring out the great flavors of the wine they are designed for... but the stem has 3 steps in it.... the glass is heavier. Expect to pay $25 for 2
I'm not trying to be effete, but don't expect the Sommelier or the Vinum when you buy the "wine" series. It's just not the same.. but you're not getting any lead in your system from it either!
A step lower is the "O" series. There is NO STEM to these glasses. They are not lead crystal. Just be aware of what you're getting.
Vitis is another step down. Nice glasses, and maybe the best for every day use. 3 parts to these glasses, so not as elegant and smooth, but very functional, less breakable, and still have the miracle feature of bringing out the best flavor in the wine it was designed for. $25-20 for these. Great deal when you consider how much you maximize the flavor of the wine with these glasses.
Go to reidel.com and learn more... you can spend hours there.
Don't expect to get a steal on these glasses. Competition for them is high.
They are FANTASTIC! You can do a blind taste test with any other glasses.... and a good bordeaux will taste MUCH BETTER from a Riedel glass. There is no doubt about it. Same with a single malt scotch, a chardonnay... you name it.
This is truly one of the greatest products ever created... because single handedly, they bring out the very best in a wine... with their shape and stature. That is truly amazing!
PLEASE...give it a try.... the better the wine or gin or scotch, the more you will taste the difference. I promise you!
Now, that said...a bad wine will taste WORSE, because of the nature of the glass, bringing out the features of the wine... but a great wine will knock your socks off!
You will thank me for telling you this, and will invite me over for a glass of wine...
Because, if you try these, you will be absolutely amazed beyond your wildest dreams!
Go Sommelier if you're rich. Go Vinum if you love wine and love what they do. Go wine or Vitis if you are on a budget.... treat them as though they are hand blown for you... amazing.... you will be amazed....
15 of 15 people found the following review helpful.
Riedel Wine Glasses Are Great!!
By M. CLAGUE
You can drink wine out of canning jars, coffee cups, or the bottle. I was doubtful when I read about how Riedel Wine glasses make the experience of drinking wine more enjoyable. I'm the worlds biggest skeptic.... and to top it off, I very cheap!! I purchased 8 Riedel Cabernet/Bordeaux Wine Glasses from Amazon... I got the free shipping option.... what a bargain, and yes I do enjoy the experience of drinking wine from these fine glasses. I went to a neighbors house and drank wine from a glass that was vastly inferior to the Riedel quality. I definately missed my Riedel wine glasses and now I'm definately a believer.
18 of 19 people found the following review helpful.
What a bargain!
By Janet Elkins
I was skeptical like everyone else so I put the Riedel glasses to the test...
Poured some wine into an everyday red wine glass and a Riedel glass.
The difference is amazing. More aromas more taste to the palate.
Convince yourself and try it.
Janet from Huntington Beach, CA
Product Description
Crafted from premium lead-free glass, Riedel's Wine Series is an attractive and functional line of wineglasses, featuring the most popular bowl shapes of the more expensive Vinum collection. The glasses are machine-made in Europe by renowned glassmakers and feature a faceted stem with tiered decorations at the top and base. The thin rims are cut and polished so that wine flows smoothly onto the palate, and the bowl shapes emphasize bouquet. This set of two glasses is designed to highlight the flavors and aromas of Cabernet Suavignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, red Bordeaux, Rioja, and Tempranillo.
Product Details
- Amazon Sales Rank: #9039 in Kitchen & Housewares
- Brand: Riedel
- Model: 6448 / 0
- Dimensions: 9.25" h x3.75" w x3.75" l,.40 pounds
Features
- Set of 2-Riedel Wine Series Cabernet/Merlot Glass
- Non-lead crystal
- Hand wash or dishwasher
- 9-1/4 inches tall; capacity of 21-1/2 ounces each
- Made by world renowned wineglass makers

No comments:
Post a Comment