Riedel Wine Series Pinot Noir Glass, Set of 2 Rating :
Customer Reviews
Most helpful customer reviews
10 of 10 people found the following review helpful.
My go to glasses at home (Wine industry professional review) ~
By Christopher Barrett
The Riedel Wine series is made from lead free crystal (glass basically). They are more affordable than the 24% lead crystal Vinum series. I like these because at around $12 a stem, you won't cry if you break one. I try to match up the style of wine closely to the shape of the glass. For big and bold reds I use the cabernet glasses (Riedel Wine Series Cabernet/Merlot Glass, Set of 2). For pinot noir I use these glasses. For most whites and other softer reds I use the zinfandel/riesling stems (Riedel Wine Series Zinfandel/Riesling Glass, Set of 2). So I find that the zinfandel/riesling stems are the most versatile. For big oaky chardonnay I use the Montrachet style glasses (Riedel Wine Series Chardonnay Glass, Set of 2) or the zin/riesling stems.
The main feature I love about these glasses is the beautiful stem. They look like an amazing Greek column. They are edged (hexagonal or octagonal, I forget) and the top and bottom (where it meets the bowl and the base) have these three little ridges. They reflect the light and are quite fun to play with (I often find myself fidgeting my finger on the three top ridges - pop, pop, pop). They are nearly as thin as the Vinum series, but not quite. I assume this is because the lead crystal is stronger than this material. But they have a very nice, thin lip.
All in all these are a huge step up from Libbey and other inexpensive brands. If you're drinking fairly good wine ($15 + bottles), then an investment in some nice glassware will pay dividends. Nothing really bugs me more than to go to a wine bar or restaurant and order a nice wine and see them serve in Libbey or some other poorly constructed glass. (For the record, Libbey does make good stemless wine glasses - I refer to those old school 'bowl' style glasses that Olive Garden - and virtually every other Italian restaurant - used to serve from).
Just be careful about putting these in the dishwasher, they will likely break, or at the very least they will start building up detergent residue. I wash them without detergent, under hot water and dry clean with a soft cloth or good quality paper towels. If the glass gets something like grease in it (accidentally one would hope!) or other contaminant, I recommend Method unscented dish soap or some other plant based and scent free dish soap used gingerly with a damp paper towel to wipe then a hot water rinse. With proper care, these will last a long time unless someone drops one.
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful.
Beautiful but very fragile!
By Emhrnbsn
Very sophisticated and beautiful! Be careful though, I knocked one of my set over on to a towel on the counter while washing and it broke....sad!
3 of 3 people found the following review helpful.
Large! But that's the way I like it
By L_Allison
These wine glasses are very large and great for opening up a cab. Be careful when pouring, you might not realize how much you've poured the first few times because it doesn't fill up very fast.
Unfortunately, my 100lb puppy and his clumsy intrusive nose broke one... other than that i'd dinged them a few times and pretty sturdy.
Product Description
Crafted from premium lead-free glass, Riedel's Wine Series is an attractive and functional line of wineglasses, featuring the most popular bowl shapes of the more expensive Vinum collection. The glasses are machine-made in Europe by renowned glassmakers and feature a faceted stem with tiered decorations at the top and base. The thin rims are cut and polished so that wine flows smoothly onto the palate, and the bowl shapes emphasize bouquet. This set of two glasses is designed to highlight the flavors and aromas of Pinot Noir, Nebbiolo, Barbaresco, Barbera, and red Burgundy.
Product Details
- Amazon Sales Rank: #2823 in Kitchen & Housewares
- Size: One Size
- Color: Clear
- Brand: Riedel
- Model: 6448/07
- Dimensions: 8.75" h x4.00" w x4.00" l,.40 pounds
Features
- Set of 2 wine series pinot noir glasses; 8-3/4 inches high; 24-3/4 ounces
- Elegant collection designed to enhance specific wine characteristics
- Machine-made from lead-free crystal; shaping modeled on vinum series bowls
- Decorative elements include faceted stems and sparkling stepped bases
- Dishwasher-safe or wash by hand; full wine collection available

No comments:
Post a Comment