Luigi Bormioli Crescendo 22-1/4-Ounce Bourgogne Wine Glasses, Set of 4 Rating :
Customer Reviews
Most helpful customer reviews
15 of 15 people found the following review helpful.
Surprisingly great for the price
By JennInCT
These were a gift that I ordered for my mother. I was surprised by how elegant they look in person, and how thin the glass and edge were. They have a nice chime too. I don't know too much about crystal or glass, but my mother was very pleased about them and they look great.
*Update: Two got knocked over on the granite counter, rolled off the edge, and fell three feet to a pine-wood floor, where they BOUNCED, knocked together, and didn't even chip or crack.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.
Beautiful But Broken
By Carl C. Cloer Jr.
Got the package of four today...only three stems intact...one completely shattered, although it might not have totally been FedEx's fault. The thin cardboard the manufacturer packed the stemware in was placed inside a cardboard shipping box that was too large and not adequately padded for stemware, nor was there a fragile label on the outside of the box. My only option (per Amazon's policy) is to return the set for a refund, reorder and hope the next order is packed adequately. The stemware itself is beautiful, and has the ring of good crystal even though it is a proprietary glass by Bormioli. I will probably order more if I can get the first four to me intact!
2 of 3 people found the following review helpful.
Too easily broken...
By J. Duggins
I really liked these glasses, at first. I thought they were nice looking, they sound like nice glassware, the size is perfect... but oh-my-lord, I purchased these 3 months ago and have just today broken the last 2 I had - washing them! The first 2 I broke washing as well. The stems just break right off. I wasn't handling them roughly, I was just trying to get them clean. I'm super-irritated about it right now. I have 2 left of a set of wine glasses which cost $10 that I bought 4 years ago. I was thinking these would last at least that long. In any case, I would not recommend them.
ETA: To be more helpful, I will describe how these glasses broke. Three of them, while hand washing, I was holding onto the stem and while cleaning the inside and rim of the glass and the stems broke off. The last one was standing upright in a sink full of water, most of the glass portion was above water and it fell over, hit the side of the sink and shattered.
Product Description
Set of four wine glasses that are guaranteed! Crescendo stemware is machine blown in Parma Italy and made in Luigi Bormioli’s proprietary SON.hyx material. SON.hyx produced glassware is an exciting fusion of elegance and technology. In addition to having ideal bowl shapes, fine rims, and beautifully drawn stems, glassware made in SON.hyx is extremely brilliant in color, has a beautiful sound, maintains its clarity after thousands of industrial dishwashing cycles, and possesses an extremely high level of durability and strength. The stems are also reinforced with titanium. Luigi Bormioli has developed an unprecedented guarantee program for these glasses! The 25 Year Guarantee covers chipping on the rim or foot as well as any discoloration or cloudiness resulting from washing.
Product Details
- Amazon Sales Rank: #29766 in Kitchen & Housewares
- Color: Clear
- Brand: Luigi Bormioli
- Model: 09077/09
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 10.00" h x9.30" w x9.30" l,4.00 pounds
Features
- Set of 4 Bourgogne 22-1/4-ounce goblets for serving light-to-medium red wines
- SON.hyx material allows the glasses to be extremely break resistant and transparent
- 25-Year guarantee covers chipping on the rim or foot as well as any discoloration or cloudiness resulting from dishwashing
- Innovative glassmaking techniques produce perfectly smooth rims and edges
- Italian-made 8-3/5-by-8-3/5-inch gobletsstand 9-inch high

No comments:
Post a Comment